Dear Patients and Families,
We all hope that you, your family, and friends have stayed safe and healthy through these difficult times. We have now received word from the BC Provincial Health Authority and the College of Dental Surgeons of BC that we will be able to re-open our practice and resume your orthodontic treatment starting late May. We are excited to see you all and get your treatment back on track to assure you receive the best care we can provide.
You will notice some changes in the office upon your return. Dentists and orthodontists have always been experts in infection control, but due to some of the uncertainties associated with the Novel Coronavirus, we need to modify some of our existing protocols and extend these clinical infection control measures to the public and administrative areas of our office. A few items to make note of:
- To limit the number of people in the office, we have temporarily moved to a
“Virtual Waiting Room” format in our office parking lot. Upon arrival for your appointment,
we ask that you do not immediately come into the office but wait in your vehicle, or on the
chairs outside the office.
- If you are on time for your appointment, please proceed to the front door and read
the “COVID-19” screening questionnaire. If you respond “Yes” to any of the
questions, please do not enter the office.
Please call 250-493-4118
or text 778-760-3867 for instructions.
- In the last 7 days, have you experienced any of the following:
- Fever >37.5°C
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Flu-like symptoms
- In the last 14 days, have you travelled outside of Canada?
- Are you waiting for the results of a laboratory test for COVID-19?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate by BC’s Provincial Health Officer, the
Communicable Disease Control or any other governmental health agency?
- In the last 14 days, have you or anyone you have come into contact with tested
positive for COVID-19?
- If you are early for your appointment, please wait in your vehicle until your appointment
time and then proceed to the front door to read the “COVID-19” questionnaire as above.
- If you are late for your appointment, please call 250-493-4118
or text 778-760-3867 for further instructions. We will need to rebook your appointment
if you are late.
- We will not be able to see patients without scheduled appointments.
We are not able to accommodate drop in appointments.
- We ask that only patients enter the office. Children under 10 can be escorted by a single
parent or guardian. If this policy causes you any concern, please call
250-493-4118 or text 778-760-3867 prior to entering the office.
- Please read all posted signage prior to entering the office.
- Upon entry into the office, please immediately wash or sanitize your hands and try your best
not to unnecessarily touch anything in the office.
- You will be met by one of our staff to confirm your responses to the “COVID-19” questionnaire
and then escorted to your clinical chair.
- To allow for adequate Social Distancing, we have reduced the number of patients we can see
in the office at any given time.
- Please note that tooth brushing stations have been temporarily closed so it will be crucial
that you come to your appointment with teeth thoroughly cleaned.
If you do not have an appointment already scheduled after Monday, May 25, one of our staff will
reach out to you to book an appointment.
Your flexibility with appointment times will be greatly appreciated.
We understand that you are anxious to return and get your treatment back on track, but we ask for
your patience. You and our other patient’s previous appointment intervals were much longer than normal.
Due to a major backlog of patients, your first appointment back will be for an assessment and
minimal treatment only. You will be booked backed for major procedures and subsequent appointments.
These changes and new protocols may certainly cause some confusion at the beginning, so please
do not hesitate to ask questions if you have concerns. These changes will be temporary.
We hope to get back to our normal practice routine as soon as feasible.
We look forward to seeing you all in the near future.
Paxon & Perrin Orthodontics